But while I was away, Kingdom Death published an article that I wrote a while back to accompany a commission piece that I did for them. This is the article - LINKY - and this is the model itself...
This version though was to be assembled and painted as close to the original concept art by Lokman Lam as possible. It was a bit of a departure from my usual more colourful stuff, but I really enjoyed the challenge of tweaking my style to suit, and I'm pleased with the outcome too (as is the client, more importantly! ^_^).
The guide itself, though a little time consuming, was a great chance to look into what I do when I'm painting and prepping models, and surprised me how much goes into getting from the original, unassembled kit in the box to finished article.
I shall now be able to use the framework of this first article to help explain how I put together future pieces too.